March 10, 2011

Taiwan - 12th Feb 2011 - 12th March 2011

I remember booking my tickets on Christmas Eve 2010. Super cheap tickets! 15 bucks for my return trip! :) I didn't book them because tickets were cheap. I had already planned to travel - and at least for a month alone. 

So when 12th Feb 2011, I kissed my cats goodbye, said my goodbyes and set off for Taiwan.



Yes, I can hear/see your thought bubbles. Alone! A month! I have heard that SO many times trust me. Before I left for my trip, during my trip... I'm sure you can list the pros and cons of travelling alone - nobody to account to :), can do whatever you like and whatever time and pace you like etc etc...cons is you only have one stomach so can't really eat that much. that aside, being alone is just natural to me... I grew up alone so I'm really quite used to it. A month with someone else with me- you must as well just shoot me.

Would I do this again? Travel alone and for a long time? YES! You should try it! - Obviously, there's the problem of money and whether can take leave etc etc... well, I can only say, life is short, you cannot earn all the money in the world. If time and finances permit, why not? I'm not asking you to use your entire life savings (some do - spend their life savings backpacking the world) just spend time to slow down, esp in a country like Singapore (always rushing) and open your mind to another lifestyle/culture.

And yes, it reminds me. I FORGOT TO TAKE A PICTURE OF ME WITH MY BACKPACK. -_-|||.

This blog will hopefully serve as my memory bank as I hopefully will travel more... at least my pictures don't sit occupying memory space in my computer. 


Before I begin, I traveled with a motto in mind: no plan. Of course I knew where I was going for the day but that's it. I know of people who plan their trip right down to the very minute but I didn't want my holiday to be so regimented and planned (and rushed). It's a holiday. Not work. Therefore, I DID NOT  cover everything (even though I had a month) I just wanted to slow down. And also, I explored more than I decide where/which attractions to go to. Thus, pls don't take my itinerary or really follow.. there are many other blogs that do tighter itineraries - if you are really wanting to visit a lot of places in a short time. but I will try to add 'how-to-get-there' s in my entries... hope that helps. 

For information on places- I will try to link it up to some website if u r interested you click and read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment